[复制链接]
发表于 2018-2-23 19:17:30 | 显示全部楼层
LESSON ONE
The First Lesson
DRILLS
I
⑴ Many people speak English.
     English is spoken by many people.
⑵ We often use a recorder in our English class.
     A recorder is often used in our English class.
⑶ They show slides once a week in their class.
     Slides are shown once a week in their class.
⑷ They publish English textbooks in that publishing house.
     English textbooks are published in that publishing house.

A: Is this kind of telephone made in Guangzhou?
B: No, it isn't.
A: Where is it made?
B: It's made in Shanghai.

A: Is this kind of bicycle made in Guangzhou?

A: Is this kind of TV set made in Guangzhou?

A: Is this kind of recorder made in Guangzhou?
༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻༺༻
DIALOGUE
ENGLISH IS WIDELY USED
Ping: Dad, I got a "C" in English again. I tried my best.
Dad: Well, don't give up. English may be hard, but it's so useful.
Ping: How widely is English used?
Dad: Very widely. English is one of the working language at international meetings. It's probably the most widely used at those meetings. And do you know most international business letters are written in English?
Ping: Really? Is English understood by people outside England and the United States?
Dad: Yes. I spoke English when I was in Japan. Many people understood me.
Ping: How about other countries?
Dad: Well, I know that in Sweden and France a lot of people understand English.
Ping: Is English the language spoken by the largest number of people in the world?
Dad: No.
Ping: Then Chinese must have the largest number of speaker.
Dad: Right. But Chinese is spoken by few people outside China.
Ping: Dad, did people in China study English a long time ago?
Dad: Not so very long ago. In China the first English textbooks were published in the late nineteenth century.
Ping: Did many people in China study English at that time?
Dad: No, not many. But by and by, more and more people began to study English. Later, English was required for study in many schools.
Ping: It's required in our school now. But, Dad, English is so hard!
Dad: It is hard, but when you've learned it, you'll find it a bridge to so much knowledge. And you'll fine you can enjoy so many more books, if you know English.
Ping: Well, I'll try harder.
Do You Speak English?
Last year after I had left a small village in the South of France, I drove on to the next town. On the way a young man stopped me and asked me for a lift. As soon as he got into the car, I said "Good morning" to him in French and he replied in the same language. Except for a few words, I do not know any French at all. Neither of us spoke during the travelling. I had nearly reached the town, when the young man suddenly said very slowly: "Do … you … speak …English?" I looked at him in surprise. Here was no Frenchman speaking English. Only then did I understand that he, too, was an Englishman.

At page 1, 2, 3, 4, 11, 12, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School
(The 1st Edition, Published by the People's Educations Press, May 1984)

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-24 12:22:15 | 显示全部楼层
LESSON TWO
The Second Lesson
DRILLS
⑴ The PLA liberated my home town in 1949.
My home town was liberated in 1949.
⑵ The villagers built some new houses themselves.
Some new houses were built by the villagers themselves.
⑶ Joe Hill led a strike in Salt Lake City in 1915.
A strike was led by Joe Hill in Salt Lake City in 1915.
⑷ The pianist gave the pupils some advice.
The pupiles were given some advice by the pianist.

A: When was the Chinese Communist Party founded?
B: It was founded on July 1, 1921.

A: When was the Chinese People's Liberation Army founded?
B: It was founded on August 1, 1927.

A: When was the People's Republic of China founded?
B: It was founded on October 1, 1949.
TEXT
JOE HILL
You may know the song about Joe Hill. But do you know that the song was written about a real person?
Here is the story of Joe Hill.
He was born in Sweden in 1879. When he was in his twenties he went to the United States and became a worker. At that time, things were hard for the workers. Joe took an active part in the worker's struggles for better pay and better conditions. He helped to form trade unions. He spoke at meetings and organized strikes.
Joe was a good musician and at the meetings he sang and played the piano. He himself wrote the words and music of the songs. Many of these songs called on the workers to take up the struggle.
Joe Hill was a tall, thin, good-looking man. He had fair hair and blue eyes. His comrades liked him, but the bosses hated him, because they were afraid of his work among the workers and afraid of his songs. He was a fearless fighter for the working class.
In 1915 Joe Hill led a strike in Salt Lake City. The bosses knew that Joe was the soul of the strike and decided to get rid of him. They needed an excuse and they soon found one. One day a man was murdered. The bosses then brought out a man who said that Joe was the murderer. Joe was tried and sentenced to death. He was shot on November 19, 1915.
Even while he was in prison, Joe Hill went on writing songs to keep up the worker's fight. Just before he was killed, he sent a message to his comrade all over the country. These were his last words: "Don't waste time mourning. Organize."
On the day he was killed, a speaker at a big meeting said: "Joe Hill isn't dead! He will never die!" To this day his name is remembered by fighting workers in the United States.
A STORY About Li Dazhao
Comrade Li Dazhao was born on October 29, 1889. In 1913 he went to study in Japan. There he learned Marxist theory. He became one of China's earliest Marxists and communists. After the Chinese Communist Party was founded in 1921, he directed Praty work in North China. In 1922 he was sent by the Party to hold talks with Dr. Sun Yat-sen in Shanghai. He did a lot to help establish the revolutionary united front.
Li Dazhao was put in prison by the enemy on April 4, 1927 and hanged on April 28 at the age of 37.
While he was in prison, he would not give in and fought bravely. Just before he was killed, he made a speech. These were his last words: "You can kill me, but you can't kill all the communists. Communism is sure to win."
Comrade Li Dazhao is not dead! He will never die! His name will be remembered by the Chinese people for ever.

At page 13, 14, 15, 16, 23, 24, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-24 12:24:45 | 显示全部楼层
LESSON THREE
The Third Lesson
DRILLS
A: You're just back from your home town, aren't you?
B: Yes.
A: How are things there?
B: Excellent. Great changes have taken place the last two years. A new school has been opened im my home town.

B: Excellent. Great changes have taken place the last two years. A big building has been put up in my home town.

B: Excellent. Great changes have taken place the last two years. A new road has been built in my home town.

A: Has the play been put on at this theatre?
B: Yes, it was put on last week.
A: Will it be put on again?
B: Yes, I think so.
   (I'm sorry I don't know.)

A: Has this programme been shown on TV?
B: Yes, it was shown last week.
A: Will it be shown again?

A: Has this song been taught on the radio?
B: Yes, it was taught last week.
A: Will it be taught again?
TEXT
DUSTMEN ON STRIKE
It is Thursday morning. No dustmen come to the Turners's road. They are still on strike. And the rubbish has not been collected for weeks.
The Turners are sitting at the breakfast table. Mr Turner is reading the newspaper. It is time for Robert to go to school.
Robert: I'd better be going. 'Bye.
Mrs Turner: Oh, Robert, take the bag of rubbish out to the dustbin, please.
Robert: But where can I put it? The dustbin is full, Mum.
Mrs Turner: Hasn't it been emptied yet? Well, just put it near the dustbin, then.
Robert: All right. 'Bye.
Mrs Turner: This really is too bad. The dustbins haven't been emptied for three weeks.
Mr Turner: Hm?
Mrs Turner: All the dustbins are full, and there are bags of rubbish everywhere. The whole street has been turned into one big rubbish dump. It smells terrible.
Mr Turner: And it can bring more trouble.
Mrs Turner: More trouble?
Mr Turner: Yes, we're been warned to be careful of rats.
Mrs Turner: Aren't the dustmen going back to work yet?
Mr Turner: No, they aren't. Look, there's a report here in the newspaper, with pictures. I'll read it to you. (reads)

STRIKE GOES ON
Things are getting worse. No rubbish has been collected since the dustmen went on strike three weeks ago. Dustbins are full, and plastic bags full of rubbish have been piled in the streets. The smell is terrible. In some places rats have even been seen, and people have been warned to be careful.
The public wants to know: why hasn't anything been done to end the strike? The dustmen say they are badly paid and they want more money. They are not going back to work until they get it. But that is not all. They want to make it clear to the public that they do an important and necessary job.
Mrs Turner: That's ture. Their job is important and necessary to us all.
Mr Turner: Something must be done to end the strike.
A STORY
It was a week-end in summer and all the trains were full of people. An old man was looking for the seat through the windows. Suddenly he saw one and got on the train. A small bag was lying on the seat and a well-dressed young man was sitting beside it.
"Can I sit here?" asked the old man.
"No, it's taken. The person has gone to buy a newspaper. He'll be back soon."
"Well," said the old man, "I'll sit here until he gets back."
Ten minutes passed. The train started.
"Too bad! He's missed the train," said the old man, "but he shouldn't lose his bag."
With these words he took the bag and started to throw it out of the window.
The well-dressed young man jumped up. "Don't!" he cried out. "That's … that's my bag!"

At page 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 36, 37, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-24 12:26:33 | 显示全部楼层
LESSON FOUR
The Fourth Lesson
DRILLS
A: Can this lock be repaired here?
B: Yes, it can be repaired in two days.

A: Can this kind of key be made here?
B: Yes, it can be made in ten minutes.

A: Can this radio be fixed here?
B: Yes, it can be fixed in three days.

A: When must the composition be handed in?
B: It must be handed in after class.

A: When must the drawing be handed in?
B: It must be handed in five days before the exhibition.

A: When must the money for the tickets be handed in?
B: It must be handed in sometime before Friday.
TEXT
WATER, STEAM AND ICE
We have all played with snow and ice. When a piece of ice is taken into a warm room, it becomes smaller and smaller, until in the end it disappears completely. Where has it gone? It has been turned into water by the heat.
In winter, when clothes are washed, they don't dry easily. They are often hung up near a fire. Soon steam can be seen rising from the wet clothes. The water in them is being turned into vapour, and they get drier and drier. When no more steam comes out, they must be taken away from the heat of the fire, or they might get burnt.
If you hold a mirror close in front of your mouth and blow on it, you will find the glass covered at once with little drops of water. The warm water vapour in your breath has been changed into water on the cold glass. Now stop blowing, and soon you will find the glass clear again --- the little drops of water have disappeared because they have again been turned into vapour by the warm air around them.
Leave a basin of water outside in freezing weather, and it will soon be covered with ice. If it is not taken inside the room, sooner or later the whole basin of water may be turned into a block of ice.
Most matter has three states: solid, liquid and gas. Solids can usually be turned into liquids and liquids into gases if we raise their temperatures high enough. On the other hand, gases can often be turned into liquids and liquids into solids if they are made cold enough.
This change of state is a physical change and not a chemical one. If a piece of wood is heated to a high temperature, it begins to burn. Light and heat are sent out, together with heavy smoke, and soon only black charcoal is left. That is called a chemical change.

At page 38, 39, 40, 41, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-24 12:28:20 | 显示全部楼层
LESSON FIVE
The Fifth Lesson
TEXT
COMPUTERS
The computer is a wonderful machine. It is the most important invention in many years. Today it is used a great deal in many ways. By the year 2000 the computer will probably touch the lives of everyone, even people in faraway villages.
The oldest king of computer is the abacus, used in China centuries ago. In the seventeenth century an adding machine was invented, but the first large, modern computer was built in 1946. A computer then could do 5000 adding problems in one second. Now computers can work millions of times faster.
Today most computers have a memory. That means information can be stored in them and be taken out anytime needed. Computers are getting smaller and smaller, and computing faster and faster. Even in a large computer, the part that does the computing is now only about as big as the end of a finger.
Computers can do many kinds of work. For example, when someone buys something in a big shop, information about the sale is put into a computer. During the night the computer works on the information from all the sales that day. The next morning, the manager has a report on everything that was sold and also on everything that will soon be sold out.
In research about the moon, a lot of information is put into computers. A scientist can then "ask" the computer questions, and the computer "answers" on the screen. It is almost like talking to another scientist.
Another computer programme has information about different illnesses. A doctor can talk to the computer and explain what is wrong with a person. The computer will then tell what to do. If the doctor asks why, the computer goes through its memory and gives the reason.
In some large factories there are very few people. Robots do most of the work. For example, in a car factory, when a different type of car comes along the line, the robot changes its work, just as a human would do. How does the robot know this? A computer "tells" it what to do.
In the last few years there have been great changes in computers. They now can do most of the things people can do, though most scientists agree that computers cann't completely take the place of humans. Who knows what the computers of tomorrow will be like? Will they make life better, or will they bring suffering to people? The students of today will have to decide how to use the computers of tomorrow.
A STORY
GIVE AND TAKE
There was an old man who loved money very much. He never gave anything to anybody. After some years he bacame rich.
One day he was walking near the river with his friends when he fell into the river. His friends ran to help him. One of them held out his hand and cried: "Give me your hand, and I'll pull you out!" The rich man's head went under the water and them came up again, but he did not give his hand to his friend. Again another of his friends tried, but again the same thing happened.
Then another friend, Nasreddin, said: "Take my hand and I'll pull you out!" The rich man took his hand and Nasreddin pulled him out of the water.
"You don't know your friend very well," Nasreddin said to the others. "When you say 'Give!' to him, he does nothing, but when you say 'Take!' he always takes."

At page 50, 51, 52, 53, 57, 58, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-24 12:29:38 | 显示全部楼层
A STORY
London Bridge
"London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down … "
You may know the song. It's about a very old bridge. The bridge was in London, but it's not there now.
The bridge did not fall down. Workers took it down. London needed a new bridge. The old one was not very strong. Too many people had gone over it for too many years.
"What shall we do about the old bridge?" people asked.
An American said, "I'll buy it." He wanted to move it to the United States. But how do you move a bridge?
First someone made a picture of the bridge. It showed the exact place on each stone. A number was put on each stone in the picture. The same numbers were printed on the real stones.
Then the bridge was taken down. The stones were put on ships. They were sent across the sea to the United States.
Piece by piece, the bridge was put back together. Each stone was put on the right place.
So the old bridge is still standing, but it's not in London. Let's hope it does not fall down.

At page 63, 64, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-24 12:30:33 | 显示全部楼层
Mark Twain and the Old Man
Mark Twain, the famous American writer, liked to play jokes on others. But once a joke was played on him.
One day Mark Twain was invited to give a talk in a small town. At lunch he met a young man, one of his friends.
The young man said that he had an uncle with him. He told Twain that his uncle never laughed or smiled, and that nobody and nothing was able to make his uncle smile or laugh.
"You bring your uncle to my talk tonight," said Mark Twain. "I'm sure I can make him laugh."
That evening the young man and his uncle sat in the front. Mark Twain began to speak. He told several funny stories. This made everyone in the room laugh.
But the old man never even smiled. Mark Twain told more funny stories, but the old man still kept quiet. Mark Twain told his funniest stories. Finally he stopped. He was tired and quite disappointed.
Some days later, Mark Twain told another friend of his about what had happened.
"Oh," said this friend, "I know that old man. He's been deaf for years."

At page 64, 65, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-24 12:32:56 | 显示全部楼层
LESSON SEVEN
The Seventh Lesson
DRILLS
A: Have you seen Zhao Hai today?
B: Yes, I have.
A: Do you know why he isn't coming this evening?
B: He told me he had an important meeting to attend.

B: He told me he had some exercises to do.

B: He told me he had a composition to write.

B: He told me he had several letters to answer.

A: Have you started writing your composition yet?
B: No, I really don't know what to write about.

B: No, I really don't know which topic to choose.

B: No, I really don't know how to begin.
TEXT
A LESSON FROM NATURE
Not many years ago, some farmers were worried bacause hawks were taking many of their chickens. The farmers did not know what to do. Finally they went to the officials and asked for help.
"Kill the hawks," the officials said. "We'll even pay you for them." So the farmers began to think of ways to kill hawks.
The farmers killed many hawks. Before long they didn't have to worry about their chickens. But they now had a new worry. Field mice were eating up a lot of the farmers' grain.
How did this happen?
Hawks eat not only chickens but also field mice. They eat more field mice than chickens. But the farmers did not know this. When they killed a lot of hawks, they changed the balance of nature.
When people move into a new place, they often destroy many wild plants. Many of these plants are food for the animals. If the animals cannot find enough plants to eat, they will starve or have to leave the place.
In one part of the United States, for example, the deer there like to eat a certain kind of wild rose. The mountain lions there eat the deer. The number of deer, Mountain lions, and wild roses does not change much if people leave thing as they are.
But people killed many mountain lions in order to protect the deer. Soon there were so many deer that they ate up all the wild roses. Then the deer began to eat the green leaves of young trees. These trees were important to the farmers. So the farmers thought of ways to protect their trees. Now the deer had nothing to eat, and many of them died. This was another lesson from nature.
It is important for us to keep the balance of nature. This is the lesson we should remember.
Common Sense In History
You probably know that some English words came from French.
One interesting thing is that when we talk about meat on our table, we use French words. But when we speak about animals, we use English words. For example, a pig is called pig when it is living, but when it is killed and its meat is brought to the table, it is called pork. Cattle are called cattle when they are raised in the field, but at the dinner table, we call the meat beef.
When the Normans ruled England, the English peasants were ordered to raise animals for food, but they themselves could not buy the meat. The meat was sent to the Norman tables. The peasants could only eat rabbits, because rabbits ran all over their fields and rabbit meat was cheap. So the meat of a rabbit was not changed into a French word. It was called rabbit by the English peasants of that time and is still called rabbit today.

At page 66, 67, 68, 69, 76, 77, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-24 12:34:29 | 显示全部楼层
LESSON EIGHT
The Eighth Lesson
DRILLS
A: Do you get up early in the morning?
B: Why, yet!
A: What do you usually do after you get up?
B: I do morning exercises. It's good to have plenty of exercise.

B: I do some reading aloud. It's good to read aloud often.

B: I do some cleaning. It's good to help with the housework.

A: What are good manners in your country?
B: It's good manners to wait in line.
A: I see. But what are bad manners?
B: It's bad manners to be rude to people.

B: It's good manners to eat quietly.
B: It's bad manners to spit in public.

B: It's good manners not to shout in public.
B: It's bad manners to come late to class or a meeting.
TEXT
GOOD MANNERS
Manners are important to happy relations among people. Everyone likes a person with good manners. No one likes a person with bad manners. But what are good manners? How does one know what to do and what not to do?
Well, here are some examples.
A person with good manners never laughs at people when they are in trouble. Instead, he tries to help them. He is always kind to others. When people are waiting for a bus, he takes his turn. He does not push to the front of the line. On the bus he gives his seat to an older person or a person with a very young child. If he knocks into someone, or gets in his way, he says "Excuse me" or "I'm sorry".
He says "Please" when he asks for something and "Thank you" when he receives something. He stands up when he is speaking to an older person, and he does not sit down until the other person takes his seat. He does not interrupt other people when they are talking. He does not talk too much. He does not talk loudly or laugh loudly in public. When he is eating he does not speak with his mouth full of food. He uses a handkerchief when he sneezes or coughs. He does not spit in public.
As a student, it is bad manners to come late to class. If you are late you should make an apology to the teacher either at the time or after class. It is also bad manners to keep silent when the teacher asks you a question. If you do not know the answer, say so immediately. If you do know, answer in a loud enough voice so that all the class may hear. It is polite for the students to help the teacher. Sometimes students can help their teachers to clean the blackboard, to close or open the door or windows. Sometimes there are papers to collect or to hand out. This kind of help is always appreciated.
Ideas of what are good manners are not always the same in different countries. But in all countries it is important to be kind and helpful.

At page 78, 79, 80, 81, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-2-24 12:35:22 | 显示全部楼层
A STORY
A young man once asked Albert Einstein, the great German scientist, what the secret of success is. The scientist told him that the secret of success is hard work. A few days later the young man asked him the same question again. Einstein was very angry. He did not say anything, but wrote a few words on a piece of paper and handed it to the young man. The young man looked at the piece of paper. On it was written: A=X+Y+Z.
"What does this mean?" asked the young man.
"A means success," explained the old scientist. "X stands for hard work, Y stands for good methods, and Z … Z means stop talking and get down to work."

At page 104, 105, Book 6, The English Textbooks Series for Junior Secondary School

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|6、7、80后怀旧网    

GMT+8, 2024-4-18 22:37 , Processed in 0.228982 second(s), 19 queries .